Winter public classes at Green Room Yoga
2465 East Hastings, Vancouver (2.5 blocks east of Nanaimo)
Wednesday, Jan 22
5:45 - 7:15 pm - Hatha II
7:30 - 9 pm - Restorative
January 6 - March 1, 2020
Mondays - 5:45 - 7:15 pm - Back Essentials*
We cover all elements of spinal movement, building core strength, and general back care in these classes. A commitment to taking the whole series gives best results.
* Please note: While less customized than the Essential Low Back Program as described in Yoga Therapy, students become aware of detrimental habits such as posture, learn ways to support pain-free movement, and increase flexibility, strength, balance, and confidence.
Sundays - 7 - 8:30 pm - Gentle Hatha + Yoga Nidra (for stress relief)
- calm anxiety / emotional turmoil from within
- gentle movement
- strengthening and stretching
- deeply relaxing restorative poses
- guided meditations and / yoga nidra
Restore energy, learn how to respond to stress in healthy ways, develop better sleep habits, and foster self-compassion. Some breath practices.
"Across the city Green Room Yoga is known for the care and skill of its teachers and their ability to meet students where they are. Its dedicated teachers are outstanding in their commitment to students' growth as well as to their own growth and practice."
Visit greenroomyoga.ca to learn more.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have health concerns consult your health care practitioner before beginning a new activity.
Other public classes
Roundhouse Community Centre
Saturday and Sunday mornings
late April, all May - times TBA
Yoga is when the mind is quiet.
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, 1.2
All images and text © Julie (Jools) Andrés 2011 - 2020 unless otherwise noted